- Grape-based distillate sourced from estate-grown fruit
- Extracts of 28 different herbs, spices, roots and seeds, including aloe, angelica, wormwood, safflower, cinchona, bitter orange, sweet orange, lemon, mandarin, hawthorn, cloves, cardamom, licorice, juniper, mint, rhubarb, sage, nettle and ginger
- Fine crushing of the botanicals through a hammer mill
- Cold extraction with hydro-alcoholic solution over 35 days
- Sweetened with sugar and colored with carrot and beetroot extracts
- Filtered to remove all solids and aged in stainless steel tank for 40 days
- 13.5% abv
Distilled from the noble Piedmontese grape and packed with orange peel, orange blossom and rhubarb on the nose, Contratto Aperitif is one of the finest of its kind on the market today. White stone fruit, marzipan and a soft bitterness comes through on the palate. The gentian flavor is noticeable but delicate, masterfully balanced with the sweetness of this aperitivo. A GREAT, NATURAL REPLACEMENT FOR APEROL!