Barolo 'Via Nuova'
- Sourced from 6 vineyard sites in the towns of Barolo, Monforte, and Serralunga for a total of 2.5 hectares
- Clay marl soil with Sant’Agata limestone
- South and southeast facing vines
- Average of 340 meters in elevation
- Fermented and macerated on the skins for 2 weeks
- Aged in lightly toasted French oak (1/3 new, 1/3 second use, 1/3 three+ uses) for 24 months before aging an additional year in bottle
- 375 cases produced annually
Press & Reviews
"The 2017 Barolo Via Nuova is stellar. In 2017, the Via Nuova is a bit nervous, the sign of a Barolo that is going to need a number of years to unwind. Bright red-toned fruit, chalk, crushed rocks, mint and white pepper add pretty aromatic top notes. As always, the Via Nuova is the most taut Barolo in the range. Via Nuova is a blend of seven vineyard sites; Terlo, Paiagallo and Liste (in Barolo); Ravera and Mosconi (in Monforte); and Gabutti and Baudana (in Serralunga)."