From the valleys of Oaxaca to the Jalisco highlands, the deserts of Chihuahua to the vibrant verandas of Mexico City, the spirits of Mexico are growing more and more robust in reception, reputation, and available variety. Cocktails offer a bridge between these artisanal spirits and some of our other favorite ingredients from around the world.
- 1.5 oz Casco Viejo Blanco Tequila
- 1 oz Giffard Pamplemousse
- .5 oz Lime Juice
- Pinch of salt
- 3 oz Fever Tree Tonic
In a highball combine first four ingredients.
Add ice and tonic and stir lightly to incorporate.
Garnish with a lime wedge.
- 1.5 oz Casco Viejo Reposado
- .5 oz Nuestra Soledad San Luis del Rio Mezcal
- 1 tsp J.M Sirop de Canne
- 2 dash Angostura Bitters
In a rocks glass, combine ingredients over a large ice sphere. (This drink can also be mixed in a stirring glass with regular ice.)
Garnish with an orange twist, expressing the twist over the glass and a lit match to singe the oils.
Truly a bartender’s dream, Giffard’s Crème de Pamplemousse Rose is the perfect liqueur to bolster fresh grapefruit juice–or to replace it all together!
- Maestra Tequilera Elena Camarena
- Produced in Arandas, Jalisco
- Single estate-grown at over 7,000 ft elevation
- 100% Blue Weber (Agave tequilana)
- Practicing sustainable agriculture & water renewal
- First net zero carbon impact distillery in Mexico
- Cooked in brick ovens, crushed with roller mill, fermented in open air wooden tanks
- Distilled twice using traditional copper pot stills
- Pink peppercorn, grapefruit, white flowers, pepper, tropical fruit
- 40% ABV