- Barbera-based grape distillate sourced from estate-grown fruit
- Extracts of 33 different herbs, spices, roots and seeds, including aloe, licorice, saffron, anise, fennel, ginger, mint, myrrh, juniper, nutmeg, cinnamon, rhubarb, quassio, clove and milk thistle
- Fine crushing of the botanicals through a hammer mill
- Cold extraction with hydro-alcoholic solution over 35 days
- Sweetened with sugar and colored with natural caramel
- Filtered to remove all solids and aged in stainless steel tank for 40 days
- 30% abv
With 10% less alcohol than other Fernets on the market, this traditional after dinner liqueur shows expected aromas of mint, chamomile and saffron, with orange legs that stain the glass. What is less expected are the secondary aromas of sweet orange peel and finish that has tremendous length and finesse, without the wafting burn often associated with the category of Fernet.