- A blend of Nebbiolo (65%), Vespolina (20%) and Uva Rara (15%)
- Nebbiolo confers the structure and the aromatic background; Vespolina adds a fresh, floral quality, and Uva Rara brings a round, silky texture
- Each variety is harvested and fermented separately
- Fermentation in cement vats with aggressive pump overs
- Wines are blended aged in 10 HL casks for two years
- Boca must age at least 4 years before release and Vallana goes further to age their wines longer, seeking the optimal time to release their wine
Boca is a hidden jewel! If Gattinara is the King, Boca is the Queen. The best words to describe this wine are elegant, finessed and delicate. This is a true example that beauty in youth and elegance in age are not mutually exclusive. The Boca appellation is located near Ghemme and Gattinara in the Alto Piemonte.