- 100% Nebbiolo from 55-75 year old vines planted to an amphitheater-shaped vineyard rich in limestone
- Fermentation and the maceration on the skins for about 40 days with indigenous yeasts
- Malolactic fermentation in French barrels coopered expressly by Francois Frères in Burgundy
- The wine stays in these barrels for approximately 24 months, half of this time on its lees
- 10-15% of the barrels used for aging this wine are new, the remaining barrels have previously been used up to 4 times. No fining or filtration.
Press & Reviews
"The 2014 Barbaresco Currà is the most tannic and linear of these wines. Orange peel, mint, white pepper, sweet red cherry and cranberry are all beautifully delineated in the glass. Vibrant, poised and energetic, the 2014 possesses tons of elegance and pure class. I loved it. The Currà is often slow out of the gate, but it is impressive, even in the early going."