Barbaresco 'Valeirano', La Spinetta [wood cs]
- 100% Nebbiolo from a 3-hectare vineyard in Treiso, which enjoys the best exposure of this high-reaching cru
- 41-47 year-old vines planted to calcareous soil at 300 meters above sea level, all with a southern exposure
- Harvested in the first or second week in October
- Fermentation and skin maceration takes place over 7-8 days
- Aged 20-22 months in new, medium toasted, French oak barrique, plus one year in bottle
|SKU||Case Size||Bottle Size|
ResourcesRequest a shelf talker/case card
Press & Reviews
Suave and silky, this red boasts wild aromas and flavors of menthol and forest underbrush to complement its sweet cherry and berry notes. Opulent and dense, with complexity and a lingering aftertaste of fruit, woodsy spices and mineral. Best from 2014 through 2030. 580 cases made.
Good full red. Musky, wild aromas of strawberry and mint; more classic than the 2006 version. Then broad and perfumed in the mouth, with sexy flavors of spicy red fruits, minerals, dried rose and spices. Finishes broad and very long. A vibrant, complex Barbaresco that will need time. Rivetti says this reminds him of a Barolo from Serralunga. A very strong showing.