- 100% Nebbiolo from a 3-hectare vineyard in Treiso, which enjoys the best exposure of this high-reaching cru
- 41-47 year-old vines planted to calcareous soil at 300 meters above sea level, all with a southern exposure
- Harvested in the first or second week in October
- Fermentation and skin maceration takes place over 7-8 days
- Aged 20-22 months in new, medium toasted, French oak barrique, plus one year in bottle
Press & Reviews
"The 2006 Barbaresco Vigneto Valeirano is another exuberant wine. Here, too, the aromatics literally jump out of the glass, as layers of perfumed super-ripe fruit are intermingled with a persistent vein of minerality. The powerful, focused Valeirano offers outstanding balance, but needs a few years in bottle for the tannins to melt away."