Barbaresco 'Starderi', La Spinetta [wood cs]
- 100% Nebbiolo from a 6.5 hectare vineyard on the western side of Nieve with a southern exposure
- 45-50-year-old vines
- Calcareous soil at 250 meters above sea level
- Harvested in the first and second week in October
- Fermented in rotofermenters for 7 to 8 days
- Malolactic fermentation and aging for 20-22 months in entirely new, medium-toasted French oak barriques, plus one year aging in bottle
|SKU||Case Size||Bottle Size|
ResourcesRequest a shelf talker/case card
Press & Reviews
A big-boned Barbaresco, this is a bit gangly at first, settling into raspberry, cherry, floral and a hint of tar flavors. Muscular and tannic, contradicting the notion that Barbaresco is lighter than Barolo. Fine length and ripe tannins. Best from 2013 through 2026. 580 cases made.
Loads of juicy fruit on the nose, with raspberries, spices, and hints of mulberries and plums. Full bodied and round, with soft tannins and a dried berry flavor. This is decadent and fascinating. Pull the cork in 2014. Find the wine
The 2007 Barbaresco Vigneto Starderi bursts from the glass with red berries, sweet spices, roses and mint, all of which come together on a powerful, richly structured frame that is the hallmark of Barbarechi from Neive. The Starderi is the most tannic of the estate's 2007s but it is a wine with significant promise and a long road ahead of very fine drinking.