Ca’ d’Gal’s high-elevation, sandy limestone vineyards produce a Moscato d’Asti of uncommon elegance and drinkability! The Boido family is now the fourth-generation to run this gem of an estate with just 12 hectares under vine and a production of about 8000 cases per year.
Care to know who else loves this wine? Antoine Graillot, son of Alain, imports this into France alongside names like Cavallotto and Sandrone! It’s also featured on wine lists in Michelin-starred restaurants like Ciau del Tornavento and Osteria Francescana!
We are pleased to welcome Ca’ d’Gal to Skurnik Wines in New York, New Jersey, Connecticut, Ohio, Kentucky, Indiana, & California.
Moscato d’Asti ‘Lumine’, Ca d’Gal
- 100% Moscato Bianco, aka Muscat Petit Grain
- From an 8 hectare parcel in Valdivilla, in Santo Stefano Belbo, the heart of Moscato country
- The youngest vines are 27 years old, while the oldest are up to 50
- Primarily sandy limestone with veins calcareous clay
- 450-500 meters above sea level
- Hand harvested
- Fermented to 5-5.5% alcohol with indigenous yeasts in a two-part process to preserve freshness and maintain purity of aromas
- 2.2-2.5 atmospheres of pressure
- 5500 cases produced on average each year