Single Malt Scotch Whisky, '10 Year - Batch 7, Cask Strength'
Single Malt Scotch Whisky, '10 Year - Batch 7, Cask Strength', GlenAllachie Distillery
- Speyside Single Malt Scotch from The GlenAllachie in Aberlour
- Batch 7 of GlenAllachie’s 10 Year expression; Batch 1 debuted in 2017
- Distilled from 100% malted barley on copper pot stills
- Aged a minimum 10 years
- Vatted from a combination of Pedro Ximénez and Oloroso sherry puncheons with a small quantity of virgin oak and Rioja casks
- Heather honey, orange peel, and mocha on the nose lead to a palate overflowing with ripe plums, dark chocolate, and sticky raisins underpinned by signature GlenAllachie honeyed tones
- Non-chill filtered with no added color
- Bottled at a cask strength of 56.8% ABV (ABV may vary batch to batch)
GlenAllachie’s 10 Year Expression was added to the core range when Master Distiller Billy Walker discovered the depth and nuance of some of the younger stock in GlenAllachie’s warehouses. Increasingly celebrated from batch to batch, the fourth batch was awarded “World’s Best Single Malt” at the 2021 World Whiskies Awards. The current vatting, Batch 7, continues to display Billy Walker’s skill in bottling a superlative 10-year-old single malt.
Scotch / UK Whisky
Spirit Sub Type:
Single Malt / Malt / Pure Malt