Single Malt Scotch Whisky, 'Morven'
Single Malt Scotch Whisky, 'Morven', Wolfburn
- Northern Highlands single malt Scotch whisky produced by Wolfburn Distillery in Thurso, Scotland
- 100% malted barley lightly peated to 10ppm
- Water for production sourced from the distillery’s on-site stream, the Wolf Burn
- Distilled twice in Forsyths copper pot stills
- Non-age statement; matured in a combination of ex-bourbon casks and ex-Islay American oak quarter casks
- Vanilla, charred oak, and ocean brine on the nose transition to a rich and oily palate of charred oak, cinnamon, and honey with raspberry, cacao, and sweet, toasted malt on the finish
- No added coloring
- Non-chill filtered; 46% ABV
Wolfburn Distillery’s first peated release, Morven’s focused peated profile is a departure from the more restrained notes found in the distillery’s other expressions. The addition of ex-Islay peated Scotch casks in the maturation process further refines and integrates the layers of peat influence, calling back to the distillery’s historical style of malt.
Scotch / UK Whisky
Spirit Sub Type:
Single Malt / Malt / Pure Malt