Single Malt Scotch Whisky, 'Northland'
Single Malt Scotch Whisky, 'Northland', Wolfburn
- Northern Highlands single malt Scotch whisky produced by Wolfburn Distillery in Thurso, Scotland
- 100% unpeated malted barley
- Water for production sourced from the distillery’s on-site stream, the Wolf Burn
- Distilled twice in Forsyths copper pot stills
- Non-age statement; matured in ex-Islay American oak quarter casks
- A sweet nose of ripe pineapple, cereal grain, and a hint of sea breeze precedes a bright, oily palate bursting with white peach, honey, orange blossom, and lemon peel on a peppery finish brimming with well-integrated baking spice and light peat smoke
- No added coloring
- Non-chill filtered; 46% ABV
Wolfburn’s flagship expression, Northland, has a well-integrated peat influence from maturation in quarter casks that previously held peated Islay Scotch. Young and sprightly, Northland highlights the fruit and florality derived from the distillery’s slow and patient method of production.
Scotch / UK Whisky
Spirit Sub Type:
Single Malt / Malt / Pure Malt