Nobile Montepulciano 'Madonna della Querce', Dei
- Cultivated organically
- Dedicated to Caterina’s father Glauco who passed in 2018
- 100% Prugnolo Gentile from a 1.5 hectare plot of the Piaggia vineyard in the Martiena cru
- Vines planted in 2005
- 370 meters above sea level with clay and tufa soils
- Fermented on the skins with indigenous yeasts in stainless steel for 25-35 days
- Aged exclusively in 33 hectoliter Slavonian cask for 24 months prior to bottling
- Rested in bottle for one year before release
- Approximately 300 cases produced annually
Vino Nobile di Montepulciano
|SKU||Case Size||Bottle Size|
ResourcesRequest a shelf talker/case card
Press & Reviews
Enveloping and delicious, this full-bodied, velvety red combines power and finesse, starting with inviting aromas of mature black-skinned fruit, new leather, camphor, violet and dark spice. The smooth, concentrated palate almost seems weightless thanks to smooth, tightly knit tannins and fresh acidity that balance ripe plum, mature black cherry, licorice and tobacco. Drink 2022–2035.
Beautiful cherry and light walnut aromas with hints of flowers, following through to a full yet compressed palate and a long, flavorful finish. Beautifully done. Drink now or hold.
The 2015 Vino Nobile di Montepulciano Madonna della Querce is a powerful, dense wine. Black cherry, iron, leather, licorice, grilled herbs, menthol and sweet tobacco all flesh out in a Vino Nobile that is decidedly unctuous in feel. Textural richness and fruit density are front and center. The 2015 is bold and beautiful from start to finish.