Islay Single Malt Whisky, 'Sanaig'
Islay Single Malt Whisky, 'Sanaig', Kilchoman Distillery
- Single malt Islay Scotch whisky distilled by Kilchoman Distillery
- 100% malted barley is peated to 50 ppm
- Twice distilled in Forsyths copper pot stills
- Non-age statement; aged in a combination of ex-bourbon barrels and ex-Oloroso hogsheads before blending; the cask influence leans more towards sherry
- Fragrant heather, pear, and raisins on the nose introduce a palate of overripe plum, barbeque peat, toffee, and dark chocolate. Caramel, cinnamon, and clove create a lasting, warming finish.
- Double Gold medalist at the 2023 San Francisco World Spirits Competition
- No additives or coloring
- Non-chill filtered; 46% ABV
Sanaig, a small, rocky crag located northwest of the distillery, bears the name given to this continuously available release. Sanaig has a predominantly sherry cask influence owing to significant time spent in Oloroso sherry Hogsheads. These aged Oloroso casks contribute a drastically transformed depth of color and character compared to the mostly bourbon-cask-matured Machir Bay. 46% ABV
“A beautiful marriage of bourbon and sherry maturation balanced with classic Islay peat smoke and light citrus sweetness.” – Anthony Wills, Founder