Islay Single Malt Whisky 'Machir Bay'
Islay Single Malt Whisky, 'Machir Bay', Kilchoman Distillery
- Single Malt Islay Whisky distilled by Kilchoman Distillery
- Non-age statement
- Barley is peated to 50 ppm
- Distilled in copper pot stills and aged in a combination of ex-bourbon barrels and ex-Oloroso sherry butts before blending; the cask influence leans more heavily towards bourbon
- Lemon zest, juicy peaches, and a distinct coastal influence on the nose leads to a palate bursting with tropical fruit, dried sultanas, and warming waves of honey, malt, and butterscotch. Cracked black pepper and sea salt close the finish.
- Non-chill filtered; 46% ABV
Named after the most spectacular beach on Islay, Machir Bay is a unique and complex combination of ex-bourbon barrels and Oloroso sherry butts, and is the flagship of the Kilchoman range. Machir Bay was first launched in 2012 when it won the prestigious IWSC 2012 Gold Award. 46% ABV
“Machir Bay has a beautiful balance of vanilla, smoky butterscotch, and rich fruitiness, each contributing in complexity and combining to create a truly unique Islay dram.” – John MacLellan, Distillery Manager