Brunello di Montalcino, Voliero
- 100% Sangiovese from 15-25 year old vines grown in clay soils
- Cold maceration with the skins at 10-12 degrees Celsius (the number of days depends on the characteristics of the grapes).
- Fermentation in steel with temperature control for 20/25 days
- Maturation in large Slavonian and French oak casks (20-50 Hl) for 30 months
- 650 cases produced annually
Brunello di Montalcino
|SKU||Case Size||Bottle Size|
ResourcesRequest a shelf talker/case card
Press & Reviews
This opens with intense aromas of rose, crushed mint and forest floor. Vibrant and full bodied, the palate shows sour cherry, cranberry and roasted coffee bean set against fine-grained, drying tannins. It closes on a salty note while fresh acidity keeps it and balanced. Drink 2023–2028.
Aromas of flowers, plums, cedar and violets follow through to a full body with firm, silky tannins that show plush fruit that’s pure and focused. Hints of orange peel, too. Fresh. Persistent at the end. Drink after 2023.
The 2016 Brunello di Montalcino takes a more poised, feminine and refined approach to the vintage. Sweet roses, wild strawberry, leather and peppery herbs create a remarkably pretty display. The textures here are velvety; yet energy remains high, casting polished red berry fruits over a core of zesty acids and spice, while fine tannins build toward the close. It’s long yet heroically structured, with inner florals slowly tapering off. The 2016 Voliero will require a good amount of time to come fully into focus.