Scottish Amaro, Sweetdram
- Blended Scotch whisky-based amaro produced by Sweetdram in Edinburgh, Scotland
- Composed of North British Distillery single grain aged 3 years in new oak, Invergordon Distillery single grain aged 12 years in ex-sherry casks, and peated Ardmore single malt aged 7 years in first-fill bourbon casks
- 9-botanical maceration includes allspice, hibiscus, coriander, lovage, kola nut, quassia, rhubarb, fresh lemon, and lingonberry
- Sweetened with Sussex blossom honey and locally sourced urban honey from rooftop hives in Edinburgh
- Maple-smoked bacon, orange marmalade, allspice, and a hint of bubblegum on the nose transition to a palate of clove, torched cinnamon, honey, orange blossom, and maraschino cherries with rhubarb and sandalwood on a long, spicy, herbaceous finish
- 40% ABV
The world’s first Scotch whisky-based amaro is composed of malt and grain whiskies with a proprietary blend of herbs and spices formulated over the course of 3 years. At once novel and familiar, each sip delivers bittersweet waves of fruit, herbs, spice, and umami for a modern Scottish dram unlike anything you’ve ever tasted.
Note: the vibrant magenta hue imbued by the hibiscus will naturally oxidize and turn rich mahogany in color over time.
Spirit Sub Type:
Amaro / Digestivi / Aperitivi / Bitter