Vino Nobile Montepulciano 'Riserva Bossona', Dei
- Cultivated organically
- 100% Prugnolo Gentile sourced entirely from vineyards in the Bossona Cru
- 20+ year old vines
- South, southwest-facing exposure
- 350 – 400 meters above sea level
- Bossona is a 15 hectare amphitheater-shaped vineyard with sandy limestone soils
- Fermented in stainless steel with indigenous yeasts and a long maceration period of four weeks
- Aged for 3 years in tonneau and an additional 1 year in bottle
- Approximately 1,000 cases produced in only the best years
Vino Nobile di Montepulciano
|SKU||Case Size||Bottle Size|
ResourcesRequest a shelf talker/case card
Press & Reviews
The 2013 Vino Nobile di Montepulciano Riserva Bossona is a dense, powerful wine. Brooding and muscular in the glass, the Bossona speaks with authority. Black cherry, gravel, smoke and licorice add to an impression of gravitas.
Dei's 10ha Bossona vineyard is a south-facing amphitheatre located at 350-400 metres above sea level. Characterised by sandy limestone soil rich in marine fossils, it is planted exclusively to Sangiovese. Pure and precise, the 2013 offers captivating nuances of forest floor, violets and baking spice with intense cherry and flinty minerality. Layers of fruit are framed by assertive, chalky tannins that still need a couple of years to relax their grip.