Gin, 'New World Dry Gin'
Gin, 'New World Dry Gin', Fort Hamilton
- American dry gin produced by Fort Hamilton Distillery in Brooklyn, New York
- Distilled from 100% New York-grown corn neutral spirit; sourced from Upstate New York
- 11 botanicals vapor distilled in a Vendome hybrid copper pot still using a gin basket
- Juniper cracked and macerated in neutral spirit; distilled with coriander, cinnamon, star anise, angelica root, and Florentine iris
- Watermelon, cucumber, and citrus fruit zests individually distilled
- Individual distillates precisely blended and rested 2 weeks before bottling
- Cucumber leads on the nose along with spicy juniper, watermelon rind, Mandarin orange, and freshly picked mint. The palate is full and rounded, indicative of its pot still distillation, with ripe watermelon, grapefruit, cucumber, green cardamom, and white pepper. As the palate rides out, notes of lime zest and watermelon rind linger.
- Orthodox Union Certified Pareve Kosher
- NY Farm Distillery License eligible
- Non-chill filtered; 40% ABV
The Battle of Brooklyn broke out in a watermelon patch one block from Fort Hamilton’s distillery in August 1776. Fort Hamilton nods to this history by distilling cannonball watermelon alongside freshly peeled cucumber and 9 other botanicals for a truly liberating experience. With its delicate botanicals on full display, Fort Hamilton New World Gin is as delightful over ice or as it is in any number of gin-based cocktails—from a Gimlet to a Martini.
Spirit Sub Type:
Press & Reviews