Domaine de la Ferrandiere
Chardonnay, Domaine la Ferrandiere
- Appellation : Pays d’Oc IGP
- Grape Variety : 100% Chardonnay
- Soil type: Clay and limestone on a lagoon bed with salt content
- Mechanical harvesting at night to avoid oxidization and preserve the expression of the delicate varietal aromas
- Age of the vines: 30 to 50 years old
- Average yields: 68 hl/ha
The wine undergoes pellicular maceration, pneumatic pressing and stalk removal at 5°C and then is left to ferment at low temperatures; stirred and matured on fine lees for three months. Matured in lined concrete tanks.
- Colour: Pale yellow with green highlights.
- Nose: Very fruity unoaked Chardonnay, clean and crisp.
- Palate: Pear and passion fruit flavours and a well-rounded buttery finish.
- Food pairing: Best served at 9°C-11°C with seafood, poached fish with a lemon butter sauce.
Languedoc / Roussillon