Cerasuolo di Vittoria Classico 'Iri da Iri'
Cerasuolo di Vittoria Classico 'Iri da Iri', Valle dell'Acate
The Origin of the Name ‘Ira da Iri’
Nero d’Avola and Frappato fuse and unite to give birth to a Cerasuolo of potent elegance. While searching for an answer, we ran into a passage from Dante of extraordinary beauty in which it is described how two rainbows reflect one another, creating a third circle of fire. Gaetana Jacono was conquered by the visionary force of Dante’s symbolism, which best express the spirit from which this Cru was created. From the rainbows–the multi-faceted notes of Nero d’Avola and Frappato–surges a flaming radiance: a wine which inspires true emotion.
- From the estate’s oldest vines of Nero d’Avola (60%) and Frappato (40%) which are 20-25 years old
- Spontaneous fermentation with indigenous yeasts on the skins for about ten days
- Aged 36 months in 500L French oak casks; plus 18 months in bottle
- The tonneaux are in service for 7 years, and 14% are new
- 2013 is the first release