Brunello di Montalcino 'Ugolaia'
Brunello di Montalcino 'Ugolaia', Lisini [wood]
- Produced only in the best vintages, and from the estate’s oldest vines, Ugolaia is a single vineyard expression that comes from the eponymous cru exposed to the southwest
- 100% Sangiovese from the estate’s massal selection
- Vineyards range in elevation from 300 to 350 meters above sea level
- Vinification in glass-lined cement tanks with skin contact for 20-26 days
- Aged in 11-20 hectoliter casks for 48 months, followed by 6 to 8 months of bottle age prior to release
- 500 cases are produced on average each year
Brunello di Montalcino
Press & Reviews
"From a hot and very dry vintage, the 2017 Brunello di Montalcino Ugolaia reveals a dark garnet color with extra concentration and textural richness. The bouquet is redolent of dark fruit, baked plum and toasted spice. Ugolaia is layered and rich, but despite the vintage intensity, the mouthfeel is medium in length and the wine finishes with bright freshness. Some 8,000 bottles were made."