Brunello di Montalcino Riserva 'Raunate', Mocali
- 100% sustainably-farmed Sangiovese Grosso
- 350 mt above the sea level
- Only made in 5-star vintages
- Fruit is sourced from the estate’s oldest vines
- Primary fermentation in stainless steel, malolactic fermentation in wood
- Aged four 48 months in 400 liters Tonneaux
Brunello di Montalcino
|SKU||Case Size||Bottle Size|
ResourcesRequest a shelf talker/case card
Press & Reviews
Blackberry, black-cherry and oyster-shell aromas follow through to a full body with firm, silky tannins that are polished and beautiful. Lovely, juicy and clean fruit underneath it all. A beautifully complete and balanced red. Try after 2024.
The 2015 Brunello di Montalcino Vigna delle Raunate Riserva mixes plum sauce, crushed cherries, cinnamon and clove with dark earth tones and lifting florals. There are depths of ripe textural fruit here, all guided by zesty acids, minerals and spice, creating a tactile yet unexpectedly juicy expression. No worries, however, as the 2015 displays plenty of grippy tannins later in the game, clenching down with youthful structure, yet never fully stifling its vibrant personality. In this rare occurrence, I find the Riserva to be a more well-rounded and balanced wine than the straight Brunello. In any case, both are built for the long haul.