Bourbon Whiskey 'Double Barrel'
- A high-rye bourbon vatting of New York-distilled bourbon (distilled at Taconic) with a mash bill of 25% Rye, 70% Corn, and 5% Malted Barley and bourbon hand-selected from MGP with a mash bill of 36% Rye, 60% Corn, and 4% Malted Barley
- Both bourbons are aged in 53-gallon barrels with char #3
- Though age statements may vary as batches progress, this current batch is composed of 4-year-old MGP distillate and 2½-year-old NY distillate.
- Aromas of cardamom, turmeric, and apricot-chocolate bars with green peppercorn and orange zest on the palate; the backbone of rye grain makes this a perfect cocktailing whiskey
- Non-chill filtered; 46% ABV
In keeping with Fort Hamilton’s love of rye, Fort Hamilton Double Barrel Bourbon boasts a high-rye mash bill. This cocktail-friendly vatting is comprised of two bourbons; the first is a New York-distilled whiskey made with New York grains in a mash bill of 25% rye, 70% corn, and 5% malted barley. The other bourbon comes from MGP in Indiana. This MGP whiskey, with a mash bill of 36% rye, 60% corn, and 4% malted barley was hand-selected by Fort Hamilton founder, Alex Clark. The combination of these two distillates results in a distinct bourbon with aromas of cardamom, turmeric, and apricot-chocolate bars with green peppercorn and orange zest on the palate. With its high-rye backbone, this bourbon makes an effortless Old Fashioned. Non-chill filtered and 46% ABV.