Barrel Aged Gin
- Crafted around local, foraged botanicals to reflect the gin-distilling heritage of the Ohio Valley
- 12 botanicals in total including wild juniper, American spicebush, and Kentucky’s state flower, goldenrod
- Botanicals distilled directly in a copper pot still
- A small amount of new-make rye whiskey is added to enrich texture and lengthen flavor
- Rested in first-fill New Riff bourbon barrels for 5-7 months
- Aromas of juniper, saffron, and faint vanilla prime the palate for a warm, confectionary gin that echoes the nose with the addition of orange and sandalwood
- Gold Medal SFWSC 2022 (Barrel Aged Gin)
- Non-chill filtered; 47% ABV
Spicy and confectionary, this gin has the proof and profile to shine in any application! The bourbon barrel aging imparts a warming, confectionary note which draws out and balances the herbaceous notes.
For this barrel-aged expression, New Riff’s 12-botanical gin is rested in first-fill New Riff bourbon barrels for five to seven months. The unique ingredient Spicebush pairs beautifully with the vanilla softness imparted by the barrels and a dry finish is given depth by lingering orange zest. New Riff Kentucky Wild Gin Bourbon Barreled works beautifully in a Gin Old Fashioned or a classic Martinez. Non-chill filtered; 47% ABV.