Armagnac 'Reserve Speciale'
Armagnac, 'Reserve Speciale', Domaine Boingnères
- Armagnac distilled by Martine Lafitte at Domaine Boingnères in Le Frêche, Landes, in the Bas-Armagnac appellation
- Distilled from approximately one-third each of Ugni Blanc, Colombard, and Folle Blanche (exact proportions will vary lot to lot)
- Distilled on a gas-fueled copper alambic Armagnacais copper column still (built for the domaine in 1975)
- Aged in used, 420-liter French oak casks for a minimum of 5 years (age range will vary lot to lot)
- Aromas of melted marshmallow and orange zest are joined on the palate by green, stemmy tannin. A savory finish of Castelvetrano olives with a hint of soy sauce concludes this fascinating flavor arc.
- 48% ABV
Spirit Sub Type:
Press & Reviews
"A blend of brandies aged five to ten years, Domaine Boingnères Reserve Speciale is made from Folle Blanche, Ugni Blanc, and Colombard, and bottled at cask strength. A great example of how Armagnac doesn’t always mean dried fruit and sweet oak. Pure minerality and racy acidity take the lead here, with fresh fruit on the wonderfully long finish."