Etna Rosso 'Calderara Sottana'
- 100% Nerello mascalese
- Extension of the vineyard: 19 ha
- Volcanic ash specked by black pumice and solid volcanic rock
- Northern slope of the Mount Etna, 600-650 meters a.s.l.
- 50 to 100-year-old vines, some pre-phylloxera
- Alcoholic fermentation under controlled temperature (28-30° C)
- Spontaneous malolactic fermentation and aging in French oak barriques, tonneaux for 16-18 months of wood aging and 1 month in steel
- Bottled unfiltered
- Annual production: 750 9L cases
Press & Reviews