Cognac Borderies, 'Mizunara Cask'
Cognac Borderies, 'Mizunara Cask', Cognac Park
- Limited-edition Borderies Cognac produced by Distillerie Tessendier in Jarnac, France
- 100% Ugni Blanc grown entirely in the Borderies on the Tessendier family estate
- Double distilled in Charentais copper pot stills
- Aged for a minimum of 4 years in used French oak then finished for 6 months in 500-liter barrels made from the highly coveted Japanese oak variety, Mizunara. These are whole, new Mizunara casks purchased directly from Japan.
- The voluptuous character of Borderies-grown Ugni Blanc is contrasted beautifully by the sharp spice imparted by its time in Mizunara wood. Notes of fresh apricot, fig, and white pepper blossom on the nose and palate.
- 43.5% ABV
With an unusual choice of finishing cask, Tessendier’s forward-thinking approach to Cognac maturation is displayed in this expression which makes an excellent introduction to French brandy for the whisk(e)y lovers of the world.
Spirit Sub Type:
Press & Reviews
San Francisco Spirits Comp