- Coffee liqueur made in Nuits-Saint-Georges in Burgundy, France, by Joseph Cartron
- Coffee beans sourced from Costa Rica and Kenya are roasted and crushed specifically for Cartron
- The beans are combined with neutral sugar beet distillate, brought to a light boil, and rested for one day; the infusion is clarified, and the spent beans are once more topped with alcohol, heated, and left to macerate for another day
- The second infusion is distilled in a small, copper alembic still to create “spirit of coffee,” which is then combined with the clarified infusion
- Crystalized sugar derived from sugar beets is slowly incorporated and careful proportions of Cognac and rum are added for further complexity
- 25% ABV
Look no further for a robust and nutty coffee liqueur for classic cocktail applications such as an Espresso Martini or pitch-perfect White Russian.
Spirit Sub Type: