Armagnac 'Cepages Nobles'
Armagnac, 'Cepages Nobles', Domaine Boingnères
- Armagnac distilled by Martine Lafitte at Domaine Boingnères in Le Frêche, Landes, in the Bas-Armagnac appellation
- Distilled from approximately one-third each of Ugni Blanc, Colombard, and Folle Blanche (exact proportions will vary lot to lot)
- Distilled in 1985 on a gas-fueled copper alambic Armagnacais column still (built for the domaine in 1975)
- Aged in used, 420-liter French oak casks; current lot was bottled in 2021
- A nose of vanilla custard and maple syrup transitions to a palate of leather and tobacco leaf. A whisper of banana pudding gives way to lemon oil and a hint of copper on the finish.
- 49% ABV
Spirit Sub Type: