- Semi-sweet red vermouth made in Nuits-Saint-Georges in Burgundy, France, by Joseph Cartron
- A total of 21 botanicals featuring cinnamon, turmeric, thyme, ginger, wormwood, and Sichuan pepper enhanced with Noir de Bourgogne blackcurrant and black cherry
- Botanicals are macerated separately in a combination of sugar beet distillate and water; 5–15 days for the plants and spices and up to 5 weeks for the red fruits
- The wormwood is macerated, distilled in an alembic pot still, then blended in careful proportion with the filtered infusions and 100% Burgundy Pinot Noir
- Crystalized sugar derived from sugar beets is slowly incorporated into the final blend
- Blackberry juice, aged balsamic vinegar, and clove on the nose transitions to a peppery, earthy palate of black currant, tart cherry, rhubarb, and cacao with a drying, tannic finish
- 17.5% ABV
This jewel-toned vermouth will add compelling baking spice and oxidized fruit to cold-weather cocktail iterations. Try in a Negroni or Red Hook.