- Semi-sweet white vermouth made in Nuits-Saint-Georges in Burgundy, France, by Joseph Cartron
- A total 19 botanicals featuring orange, laurel, wormwood, clove, nutmeg, licorice, and elderflower
- Botanicals are macerated separately in a combination of sugar beet distillate and water; 5–15 days for the plants and flowers and 2–6 months for the fruit
- The wormwood is macerated, distilled in an alembic pot still, then blended in careful proportion with the filtered infusions and 100% Burgundy Chardonnay
- Crystalized sugar derived from sugar beets is slowly incorporated into the final blend
- Aromas of oxidized grape must, lemon zest, sultana raisin, and tamarind pulp precede a palate of orange peel, dried apricot, and cinnamon; an herbal and acidic finish echoes the nose with the addition of marjoram, oolong tea, and echinacea
- 16.5% ABV
This luscious blanc vermouth pairs best with lean and aged spirits, beautifully complementing tannin. Try in a Metropole or in a Scofflaw paired with Cartron’s Crème de Framboise.