Taurasi 'Cinque Querce'
- 100% Aglianico from the province of Montemarano in Avellino
- Average age of the vines: 18-22 years
- 480-510m above sea level
- Calcareous clay soil
- Maceration on the skins for 15-20 days in steel tanks
- Aged in combination 30, 50, and 80-hectolitre oak casks and French oak barriques for 48 months
- Following time in wood, additional six months in bottle
Press & Reviews
"Savory aromas of dried currants, black olives, dried leaves and violets, ink and dried oysters. Volcanic ash. It’s medium-to full-bodied with chewy tannins and plenty of tar and bitter black-tea notes. Nicely developed. Not so much fruit now, but will continue to age well. Drink or hold."
"The 2013 Taurasi Cinque Querce is dark and intense, showing crushed black cherries and dusty dried roses, as wild herbal and earth tones evolve, along with a hint of animal musk. On the palate, velvety textures coat the senses, giving way to a tightly wound core of black fruit, minerals, and fine tannin, as the 2013 flexes its structural muscle. The finish is long and youthfully dry, gripping the senses, yet with airy floral tones and a hint of pretty blackberry fruit. This is in need of a few years to come together, but it has all of the raw ingredients to excel through medium-term cellaring."