Single Malt Irish Whiskey 'Signature - 5yr Rum & Raisin Inspired'
- Single Malt Irish Whiskey independently sourced and bottled by Killowen Distillery.
- Blended from a selection of casks (double-distilled) sourced from an undisclosed distillery in County Louth.
- Aged 5 years in a combination of ex-rum and ex-PX sherry casks.
- The rum casks previously held Killowen-distilled, molasses-based rum.
- Freshly pressed apples and blackstrap molasses on the nose precede a palate of Granny Smith apples, Demerara sugar, raisins, and dried figs, underscored by Madagascar vanilla and shaved coconut. The more-ish finish speaks of candied apple, ground almonds, and Christmas cake.
- Non-chill filtered; 55% ABV (cask strength)
Made in small batches, this core expression from Killowen will vary slightly in flavor profile and proof with each release, influenced by the character of its three components: the selected single malt whiskey, PX sherry casks, and Killowen’s own rum casks.