- Semi-sweet red vermouth produced by the historic Distillerie des Alpes in Chambéry, France
- Adheres to the guidelines of the bygone Vermouth de Chambéry AOC which required production in Chambéry using real botanical macerations and grape must or sugar as a sweetener
- 24 botanicals including wormwood, coriander, clove, lavender, and vanilla bean
- Botanicals are macerated up to 4 weeks in Jacquère Vin de Savoie (AOC for wine from Savoy) before being blended with Sauvignon blanc
- 110 g/l sugar; sweetened with non-GMO beet sugar
- Aged for 6 months in used Tronçais oak wine casks; blended 1:1 with unaged rouge vermouth
- A warm and inviting nose displays aromas of fig, date, orange, and cinnamon with subtle undertones of tarragon and millet; the palate is bright and punchy with black cherry, tobacco, and cinchona on the attack which mellow out to cola-esque notes of cinnamon, nutmeg, vanilla, and a medley of citrus.
- 16.9% ABV
Routin Original Rouge was the first recipe ever created by Philibert Routin and remains the hallmark of his legacy. Routin has followed the original recipe since 1883 to craft this vibrant Chambéry style vermouth. Though technically a semi-sweet vermouth on account of its sugar content, Routin Rouge makes a perfect lighter-bodied vehicle for traditional sweet vermouth botanicals without the rich viscosity typically associated with the category.