Single Estate Blended Rum
- Single-estate sugarcane distillate produced by an historic farming family in Uruapan, Michoacán
- Blend of 50% fresh pressed sugarcane and 50% molasses
- D.O., single estate molasses & fresh sugarcane cultivated over 4,000 feet above sea level and pressed using a water powered mill
- Fresh cane sees open-air fermentation for eleven days; molasses sees 48 hours closed
- Cane is distilled twice in “El Prieto”–a small (1,000 liter) wood-fired copper pot still
- Molasses is distilled once using a short, French-style column still
- Full of mango and banana with an earthy, mineralic depth to balance the bright fruit and a whisp of smoke on the finish
- 46% ABV
This blend of 50% column-distilled molasses and 50% long-fermented pot-distilled cane juice strikes a lovely balance between the terroir-specific character of the Pacheco’s estate-grown sugarcane and an aromatic funk reminiscent of a faintly smoky Jamaican rum. The unique split between cane juice and molasses makes this an extremely versatile cocktail ingredient—try it in a freshly shaken daiquiri or as the solo spirit in a Mai Tai to showcase its range and flexibility!
Uruapan Charanda is a D.O.-protected, single-estate sugarcane distillate produced by an historic farming family in Uruapan, Michoaćan. This core expression is made from a blend of 50% fresh-pressed sugarcane and 50% molasses, all estate-grown sugarcane grown at over 4,000 ft above sea level. The fresh cane juice is open-air fermented for eleven days while the molasses is closed-fermented for forty-eight hours. The cane is then distilled twice in a small wood-fired pot still and the molasses is distilled using a short, French-style column still. With a profile reminiscent of a cross between Agricole and Jamaican style rums, Uruapan Charanda Single Estate Blended Rum is full of mango and banana with an earthy, mineralic depth to balance the bright fruit and wispy smoke on the finish. 46% ABV.