Hooghoudt Distillers / DeBorgen
Genever, 'New Style'
Genever, 'New Style', DeBorgen
- Botanical-driven Genever distilled at Hooghoudt Distillery in the northern Netherlands.
- Distilled on a copper pot still.
- Botanicals include juniper berry, wormwood, star anise, elderflower, bitter orange, orris root, lemon peel, coriander seed, fennel, cardamom.
- Blend of 91% neutral grain spirit (distilled from wheat) and 9% malt spirit (distilled from equal parts wheat, rye, and corn). The malt spirit has been aged 17 years in ex-Oloroso sherry casks.
- Aromas of juniper and pine take the fore, complemented by an underlying hint of malt. Pink peppercorn, grapefruit peel, and fresh hops distinguish the bright palate, finishing with lemon oil and a slightly chewy texture.
- 40.8% ABV
This expression leans more towards gin than genever, embracing bright botanicals and only a hint of grain character. The perfect bridge between categories, this is a great option for gin-based cocktails that could benefit from just a little bass.
Spirit Sub Type:
Aged / Other