Garnacha 'Azuda', Clos de Luz
- Sourced from Clos de Luz’s Block 9, which is 0.6HA
- Colluvial soil with a high proportion of granite and quartz
- Hand harvested in small crates for strict fruit selection
- 100% whole bunch fermentation with indigenous yeasts in open-top fermenters and concrete
- The press wine is aged 9 months in old oak, and the free run wine ages in 800L clay amphora. They are then blended and bottle aged for 3 months before release
- Azuda is named after the Azuda wheels, which is the famous water wheel of Almahue. It received the “World Monuments Watch” status in 1999.
Press & Reviews