- Annual, limited-release whisky produced with koji by Fukano Distillery in Hitoyoshi City, Japan
- Distilled from 100% rice (malted, unmalted, and koji)
- 21-day parallel fermentation with koji rice
- Single distilled in a stainless steel pot still
- Non-age statement; aged in a combination of new and used white oak, ex-red wine, and ex-Manzanilla sherry casks
- Jammy red fruit and confectionary spice highlight aromas of cinnamon, ripe peach, and stewed strawberry. The palate echoes the nose before veering into brighter spice and higher-toned fruit with dehydrated apple, hints of wet clay, and warm oak on a long morish finish.
- Limited release of just 4,172 bottles
- Non-chill filtered; bottled at a cask strength of 43% ABV
Sporting a brand-new label and bottle design, the latest limited, annual edition of Fukano is composed of the six casks that comprise 2023’s Single Cask bottlings along with the additional influence of ex-red wine and sherry casks. Despite a similar combination of casks as last year’s #2223 release, no two Fukano releases taste alike, and Fukano Select deftly demonstrates the famed distillery’s desire to capture moments in time.