Whisky, 'Iwai Tradition - Haru / Spring, Sakura Cask'
Whisky, 'Iwai Tradition - Haru / Spring, Sakura Cask', Mars Distillery
- Limited, annual release blended Japanese whisky from Mars Shinshu in Nagano, Japan
- Iwai Tradition, from Mars Shinshu’s core range, finished in Sakura casks (Japanese cherry blossom tree) for an additional 6 months
- Distilled from 70% malted barley and 30% corn
- Iwai Tradition is non-age statement; aged primarily in ex-bourbon and ex-sherry casks (other cask types including ex-wine, port, & new oak may vary batch to batch)
- Honey, straw, and apricot jam with floral highlights on the nose transition to a brandy-like roundness on the palate with a finish of cotton candy and ripe red berries
- Non-chill filtered; 40% ABV
The Sakura casks are sourced from Ariake Sangyo Co., Japan’s only independent cooperage. As an interesting aside, these casks are more rectangular in shape than circular due to the character of the wood.
Spirit Sub Type:
Blended / Blended Malt