Welsh Single Malt Whisky 'Celt'
Welsh Single Malt Whisky 'Celt', Penderyn Distillery
- Single malt Welsh whisky distilled at the independently owned Penderyn Distillery in the foothills of Breacon Beacons, South Wales
- Distilled from 100% unpeated, malted barley on Penderyn’s signature “Faraday Still” that combines a copper pot with a copper column for a single distillation run
- Non-age statement; aged in ex-bourbon casks and finished in ex-peated quarter casks
- Subtle peat on the nose is accompanied by salt air and warm cinnamon toast. Earthy peat crests on the mid-palate, followed by peach pits and a finish of sharp tannin and wet slate underscored with ripe apricot.
- KLBD Kosher Certified
- Non-chill filtered; 43% ABV
Displaying a bold punctuation of peat from its time spent in ex-peated quarter casks, Penderyn Celt bridges the gap between a feisty Islay single malt and Penderyn’s fruity house style.
Scotch / UK Whisky
Spirit Sub Type:
Single Malt / Malt / Pure Malt