- 100% Chenin Blanc
- Grown on a 39-year-old Schist soil vineyard on Kasteelberg and a 43-year-old Granite soil vineyard on the Paardeberg, both of which are dry land farmed
- Grapes were hand-harvested at a normal ripeness level of 23° Brix and then left to dry in the shade outdoors for 2-4 weeks
- When the grapes were shrivelled half-way to becoming raisins they were crushed and pressed whole-bunch and racked to old 225L barrels
- Natural yeast fermentation took 11 months for this vintage, allowed to stop naturally when the yeast couldn’t ferment any further
- Aged for 12 months in old (minimum 5th fill) 225L French oak barrels, bottled unfiltered and unfined
Fleshy yet focused, evokes notes of Cape gooseberry-compote and dried apricots, with enticing marmalade, marzipan and honey aromas. The complex layers of the intense mouth feel are balanced by a Granitic freshness reminiscent of wines grown in these ancient soils.