Single Malt Whisky, 'Komagatake Edition 2022'
Single Malt Whisky, 'Komagatake Edition 2022', Mars Distillery
- 2022 Edition of Komagatake Single Malt Whisky from Mars Shinshu in Nagano, Japan
- Distilled in copper pot stills from 100% malted barley, a blend of barley unpeated and peated to 3.5 parts per million
- Non-age statement; aged between 3–5 years in ex-bourbon, sherry, and port casks
- Delicate aromas of coconut husk, warm cereal, cedar plank & milk chocolate lead to a palate of gunpowder green tea, peach candies, and manuka honey
- 9516 bottles released in the US
- Non-chill filtered; 50% ABV
The Komagatake 2022 release marks the transition from the limited releases seen under the Komagatake label to an annual edition that reflects the core single malt house style for Mars Shinshu; an exciting benchmark for ongoing releases.
Spirit Sub Type:
Single Malt / Malt / Pure Malt