Junmai Daiginjo Sake 'Azolla 50'
Junmai Daiginjo Sake 'Azolla 50', Matsu no Tsukasa
Prefecture: Shiga・ABV: 16% ・Rice: Locally grown “Ryuo” Yamada Nishiki milled to 50% ・Yeast: Spontaneous Fermentation・Water: Underground river water from Suzuka Mountain・Sake Meter Value: +2・Acidity: 1.4
- Made from Yamada Nishiki rice grown in the local town of Ryuo, milled to 50%
- Rice is grown without the use of pesticides or industrial fertilizers, and weeds are controlled using the “Azolla” water ferns in rice paddies, blocking out unwanted growth around the rice stalks
- Sake is started using the ancient “kimoto” method which allows the sake to naturally develop it’s own lactic acid over two weeks, then fermented spontaneously from yeast living in the brewery for exceptional character.
- Soft aromas of red flowers and tropical fruit, sake has a creamy texture with grassy notes, giving way to a clean structure, and a snappy acidic finish from the Kimoto method.
- Pairs well with richer dishes like root vegetables simmered in miso or soy sauce, exceptional with fattier dishes like grilled salmon or pork loin, and a great contrast to blue cheese.
Yamada Nishiki Rice