Cask Matured Aquavit
- The first release of aged aquavit from Norden Spirits
- Made with Norden’s flagship, “Taffell-Style” aquavit in Chelsea, Michigan
- This release (600 bottles) was housed exclusively in 53-gallon, ex-Kentucky Rye barrels and is a meticulous blend of 12, 16, and 18-month-aged distillate
- Each bottle contains release number, cask info, and blend/age statement and will be unique based on how long the Aquavit was aged, the characteristics of the casks, and the liquids they once held
- Freshly cut mint leaf and clover honey on the nose introduces a palate big in caraway, complemented by light citrus and a delicate sweetness imparted by the oak; honey and floral notes linger in a soft take on the original Norden expression
- 53.5% ABV with no added coloring or sugar; non-chill filtered
The first widely available line extension from Norden Spirits begins with Norden’s Original Taffel (or table) Style Aquavit that is aged exclusively in Kentucky rye barrels. Since future releases may see variations in cask type and length of aging, each bottle displays a release number alongside cask & aging details. This first release exhibits freshly cut mint leaf and clover honey on the nose introducing a palate big in caraway that is complemented by light citrus and a delicate sweetness imparted by the oak. Honey and floral notes linger in this gentle evolution of the original Norden expression. 53.5% ABV, no color added and non-chill filtered.