- Practicing Organic
- 100% Zinfandel
- Kirschenmann Vineyard in Mokelumne River sub-AVA of Lodi AVA
- Farmed and owned by Turley winemaker, Tegan Passalacqua
- Planted in 1915
- Silica-rich sandy loam soils
- Head-trained, own-rooted, dry-farmed, and hand-harvested
- 100% native yeast fermentation
- Aged 15 months in 80% French oak and 20% American oak (20% new)
- Bottled unfined and unfiltered
- 15.2% abv
Press & Reviews
"The medium ruby colored 2019 Zinfandel Kirschenmann Vineyard opens with a bit of tarry reduction over a core of black fruits and spices. The palate is offering much more at this youthful stage. It's packed with dark, spiced fruits and is medium-bodied, soft and fresh with an earthy finish. It has great potential and just needs more time in bottle. 1,220 cases produced."
"The 2019 Zinfandel Kirschenmann Vineyard is the finest wine I have tasted off this site yet. Effusive in its aromatics, with striking red berry fruit and gorgeous purity, the Kirschenmann shows the elegance that is possible in Lodi. All the elements come together effortlessly in the glass. The 2019 is such a classy wine."