100% Yapıncak grapes
The more serious of the two whites, Yapıncak is a variety grown exclusively on the European side of Turkey called Thrace near coastal villages. The fruit for this wine comes from a single vineyard in Şarköy that is about 150 meters above sea level and is facing south towards Sea of Marmara. There is always a cooling breeze coming from the sea. The vineyard has a gentle incline which is great for drainage. The vines are about 35 years old and are free standing vines with low yields and high quality.
The grapes are pressed with whole clusters and 90% fermented in stainless steel tanks with the other 10% in neutral French oak barrels. Aged for 3 months sur lie before bottling. Very pale gold. Highly distinctive aroma, both rich and tangy. Intense lemon, hint of clementine plus a more oily minerality and quince. Lovely citrus on the palate too – bright and crisp and full in the mouth with decent acidity and minerality. 12% ABV.
|SKU||Case Size||Bottle Size|