Vintage Armagnac 1985
- Armagnac distilled and aged at Château de Ravignan in Perquie, Landes, in the Bas-Armagnac region of Gascony
- Single-distilled in 1985 from Folle Blanche, Ugni Blanc, and Colombard on a traveling alambic Armagnacais (short column still)
- Aged at least 36 years (age will increase with each lot) in new and used 420-liter French oak casks
- Purple flowers, lemon zest, and a confectionary note of vanilla sandwich cookies with chocolate filling greet the nose. The laser-focused palate then dips deep into clove and charred oak with bitter herbal notes on the finish. Mercurial like young love.
- 40.6% ABV (ABV will vary slightly lot to lot)
Not for the faint of heart, Ravignan ’85 unflinchingly displays a bold yet integrated union of grape, oak, and age. Add a touch of water or mix into an Old Fashioned and be rewarded with endless complexity.
Spirit Sub Type: