Vino Nobile Montepulciano, Dei
- Organically cultivated
- 90% Prugnolo Gentile and 10% Canaiolo Nero
- From 15-40 years old vines planted in a South/Southwest exposure in the crus of Martiena, La Ciarliana and La Piaggia
- from 250-350 meters above sea level
- Fermentation occurs naturally and lasts for 18-22 days
- Aged in 33-50 hectoliter oak casks for 18-24 months and cellared in the bottle for an additional six months before release
- Approximately 10,000 cases produced annually
Vino Nobile di Montepulciano
|SKU||Case Size||Bottle Size|
ResourcesRequest a shelf talker/case card
Press & Reviews
Fragrant blue flower, crushed aromatic herb and wild berry aromas form the nose of this smooth, full-bodied red. A blend of 90% Sangiovese and 10% Canaiolo Nero, it's savory and loaded with finesse, delivering juicy black cherry, ripe blackberry, truffle and cocoa before a star anise finish. Supple tannins and bright acidity provide seamless support and balance. Drink 2021–2031.
Vivid and energetic red with cherry and orange-peel character. Full-bodied, tight and linear with pretty tannins and focus. Drink now or hold.
Harvest was later than in 2015 at Dei. Due to the late rainfall, they picked in stages, starting on 5 October and concluding on 16 October. This brings together grapes from three different areas with diverse soils, altitudes and expositions, giving a general expression of the Montepulciano region. Despite significant ripeness of fruit, there's plenty of freshness and purity. Glossy dark red cherry is nuanced by thyme and rosemary. The tannins are big and upfront but padded with sufficient plump fruit, with some juiciness appearing on the finish.